Problem Solvers Wanted
At ElectroCraft, we take pride in the quality and durability of our products. And to get those products to our customers, we need you. We're looking for people who see a problem as a puzzle to be solved. People who will partner with our customers and help them develop their vision.
If this sounds like you, then we'd like to talk with you.
For opportunities in our various locations please use the following contact information:
Gallipolis, OH - Joshua Smith email@example.com
Searcy, AR - Doug Cook firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Arbor, MI - Brad Dolbin email@example.com
Dover, NH - Alison Platenik firstname.lastname@example.org
Crewe, Cheshire (ECUK) - Phil Martin email@example.com
Stuttgart, Germany (ECDE) - Simeon Papadopoulos firstname.lastname@example.org
Hong Kong and Zhuhai (ECA) China - C.B. Dang email@example.com
Job Description: Design Engineer
This position will be an integral part of a Product Development team involved in the development of innovative electric motors, controls and related electromechanical devices. The work focus is primarily designing and leading the build and test of product derivatives to meet fast paced customer development cycles using ElectroCraft's existing product lines. This position will work closely with the sales team to ensure customer requirements are met in a timely fashion. The position is located at the Gallipolis, OH facility. Position offers highly competitive wages and benefits.
- Design, build and test New Product samples for customer specific applications.
- Support to production on a broad range of issues from obsolescence to cost reduction initiatives (Product Life Cycle Management).
- Work with other Engineers to develop designs as well as create engineering documentation (drawings and specifications) detailing these designs.
- Release of new designs into production within the global manufacturing base.
- Manage assigned tasks so that project schedules are met.
- Practice design for manufacturability, new products must be designed for lean manufacturing.
- Motor or electro-magnetic design knowledge - knowledge of motor design and manufacturing (BLDC and AC).
- Strong CAD skills, familiarity with Autodesk Inventor a plus.
- Engineering Analysis, knowledge of and experience with analysis tools such as Mechanical FEA or Thermal FEA.
- Basic understanding of motion control, power electronics knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency in engineering lab skills. LabView programming skills are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with design responsibility
- Excellent communicator; both oral and written
- Experience with design, testing or application of electric motor drives/controls a plus
- Project management experience a plus
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a professional resume to Josh Smith, Human Resources Manager, at Jsmith@electrocraft.com or call 740-441-6200 for questions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Application is not an offer of employment or an employment contract.